7.16.2009

It's what you do with what you know to who you know.

Shua Jackson Actor
The world is riddled with cliches and adages (I believe that's the plural). I googled this one to make sure I'm being original. To the best of my knowledge, I am. If not...well "there's nothing new under the sun." Eh?

It's what you do with what you know to who you know. Knowing and connecting with people isn't only the way to success. It is success! I'm working on getting this and living this. Jesus seemed to be a firm believer in it. When asked what the most important commandment is, he replies--Love God, Love People. He didn't say, "Do this. Don't do that. And do this when not doing that..oh, and don't do this unless, while doing that, these don't do it for you." Love God, Love People. The closer I get to that, the more things make sense. I need to ask myself, "What can I do for someone else today?"

And what does all of this have to do with a picture of me playing Faustus and posing for the great photographer, John Folsom (who I hope googles his name in his past time, finds this blog, emails me and I catch him in the act of "self-googling.")....? Not a thing. Dug up some pics of on set work and wanted to post. Stayed...tuned...attentive. Alert. Mindful. But not obsessive.

No comments:

Post a Comment